Linux Control-M agent install into a veritas service group.

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
dalesd

Linux Control-M agent install into a veritas service group.

Post by dalesd » 25 May 2010 9:41

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience installing a 6.4 Control-M agent into a veritas service group? I will have to eventually do the Control-M server and EM as well. I have installed into HP/UX service guard in the past but the Veritas service group is all new to me.

Thanks

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 26 May 2010 8:06

hi.
I can say, that for windows, the 'veritas cluster disk' is not supported by CM installation.
So, you can face the problem that you will need to install the agent on local FS on nodes.

But, it is only my experience with windows, but i can predict, that if veritas disk is not supportet on win, it is the same on linux.

dalesd

Control-M on Veritas

Post by dalesd » 26 May 2010 4:39

Wow. That kind of suprises me. That creates a whole new set of problems. Thank You very much for the information. I will verify that the same holds true for Linux with BMC.

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 27 May 2010 8:56

please, let us know.

thanx

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 02 Jun 2010 4:49

veritas cluster disk ???
what is it ?
as i know, veritas cluster manager is using veritas volume manager, that can be install without veritas cluster manager.
what can do veritas cluster manager is the same as any other process testing, but it should just give you a GUI client interface to manag the clusters if needed, automaticaly or not.

regards
philmalmaison