Protocol Versions for Agent and Server

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
punchy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Protocol Versions for Agent and Server

Post by punchy » 21 May 2010 4:13

Hi All,

Does anyone actually know the difference between versions 06,07 and 08 besides the obvious?:

06 = 6.2.01
07 = 6.3.01
08 = 6.4.01

I'm running a full Control-M 6.4.01 environment but I find that I have to change the Control-M /Server Communication Protocol Version from 08 to 06 (Default parameters for communicating with agent platform) in order to get Control-M / Web Access 6.2.01 to connect to the Control-M / Server 6.4.01.

I guess the two main questions are:

1. If I change the protocol version number from 08 to 06 on the Control-M/Server 6.4.01 does that mean I have to change all Control-M/Agent protocol versions to 06 (Agent's 6.4.01 and 6.3.01) ?

2. Do I loose out on any functionality between Agents and Server by downgrading Protocol version from 08 to 06?

Thanks in advance,

Pun

Rashid
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Rashid » 22 May 2010 5:29

It is always good be same protocol version from server side and agent side.if there is any mismatch in between agents keep on dying , will not in connection with ctms all the time, it is experienced in when we run agent with version higher than ctms version. but not really sure if you down the protocol version from server side. we can set the protocol version to approriate by

ctm_menu > 6 > 5 > agent name then change from there .

note : we cannot change version 2 or more level higher/lower current version.can change one level higher/lower than current version.

to have a good performane. have equal version for every one.

Thank you

punchy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by punchy » 04 Jun 2010 4:26

Hi Rashid,

Thanks for the reply...

Do you know what the difference is between the different protocol versions ?

I understand that Server and Agent needs to be the same version but what is the difference between say running 07 and 08 besides the obvious as stated in my first post.

Thanks.