I need help with Agent install!

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
liketolearn
Nouveau
Nouveau

I need help with Agent install!

Post by liketolearn » 06 May 2010 3:46

Hello all!

I need some advice please. Current ControlM version is 6.1.03 Unix. I am converting to 6.4.01. I have loaded 6.4 onto a windows box with great success, I have connected agents remote host, and now am trying to load an agent onto another windows box but the 6.4 agent is not compatible. I am now going to use a 6.3 agent. What i want to know is once i go thru the install and remove the 6.1 agent and upgrade to the 6.3 is there anything I will need to do on the Unix box I just took the agent from? Does that make sense? this windows box was using a 6.1 agent connected to my Unix box. I now want to take it from the Unix box and put it on my test windows box. I know I can remove the agent from the Unix server...but I want to know if it is necessary?

thanks in advance!

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 06 May 2010 8:13

I do not know, if i clearly understand you.

Do you want to migrate the local Unix agent to Remote agent?
If so, you do not need to uninstal old agent. Just remove it from agents list on CTM server and stop it localy.

nakul
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nakul » 09 May 2010 4:41

The below suggestion given is correct, just clear one thing that you are going to use ControlM version i6.1.03 on Unix and the agent version is 6.1
:!:
nakul