control-m agents remote hosts system in solaris 6.3.01

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

control-m agents remote hosts system in solaris 6.3.01

Post by philmalmaison » 13 Jun 2007 5:47

does anybody now how to install the remote hosts function instead of using one agent per host, and where to find the implementation help report ?

regards
Philmalmaison
ph.ma.va@wanadoo.fr

leeds
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by leeds » 22 Jun 2007 12:26

If you're refering to the agentless implementation for version 6.3.01, then you will need a patch for your Control-M server. This patch is obtained from the BMC site or you can contact your vendor for a copy.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 25 Jun 2007 1:24

no no i test it and it's working fine. i don't implement it fully because of the security to declare to controlm server to submit to a remote host.
and if the agent serving remote hosts dont work the remote host dont have anymore submit avaliable.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 24 Jul 2007 9:16

The agent less use the server machine agent for scheduling jobs to remote hosts. In fact in the 6.3.01 version the agent is installed automaticaly with the server.
So you can have one agent that schedule jobs on many machines without agent installed on.
The authorizations are configured in the Configuration Manager software and can be different in each agent.
In the agent machine you must have SSH or WMI.
I have tested the two systems and with SSH works fine and I advise SSH. With WMI I encouter some problems, resolved; but is less flessible and robust.