AFT Connection Using Port 990

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
fbladmin
Nouveau
Nouveau

AFT Connection Using Port 990

Post by fbladmin » 12 Apr 2010 6:25

When connecting to a remote FTP server using a FTPS connection over 990 using AFT the connection fails with a time out or server declining the connection.

Connecting from the same system to the remote FTP server using the same credentials and FTPS:990 using Filezilla works perfectly. Telling me that all of the settings on the remote server including firewall ports and directory permissions are set correctly.

During the connection with Filezilla I am prompted to accept a certificate like I would be using SFTP once I accept it I am able to connect. However, during the "Validate" portion of the AFT connection I have no such interaction. I do know that AFT auto accepts certificates when connecting via SFTP as I have setup many connections to remote hosts via SFTP on the same system and they all connect perfectly.

I do not see any options in AFT anywhere that will allow me to modify the settings with regard to accepting certificates.

I have checked and unchecked every option relating to connecting with FTP over SSL/TLS and no combination works. This is the case with 2 different FTPS connections that I have tried to make to 2 different remote hosts.

Any experiences out there that could shed some light on this situation?

LordOfAfford

Post by LordOfAfford » 13 Apr 2010 11:57

I've seen this some time ago but never got a clear answer from my network guys, but try and check on which port the reply from the server is sent and look into the Firewall logs if the connection back is dropped for some reason, maybe the way back is not correctly opened on your firewall or the reply cannot be matched with the send request or something like that

hope it gives an clue

fbladmin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fbladmin » 16 Apr 2010 3:22

Evidently this is an issue that will be resolved in AFT 6.4 (we're currently at 6.3). I'm also understanding that there are some PGP options on 6.4 that we'll be looking at...