Control M Agent Diagnostic level

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
MDboyz
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control M Agent Diagnostic level

Post by MDboyz » 28 Dec 2009 11:35

I have the problem right now in which the batch job fails, but somehow the Control M sees the job as successful.

I have two servers, and only one report correctly when the job fails.

I check the Control M Agent settings on both, the only thing I can see different is the diagnostic level. On the working server, it is set as 0, but the not working one, it is set as 4.

Can anyone help me the meaning of diagnostic level?. Would set it to 4 affecting how the job being reported when failing?

Thanks,

baralem

Post by baralem » 29 Dec 2009 2:50

Diagnostic Level refers to the generation of diagnostic messages. Doesn't affect job execution.
You're using 2 agents. Do they have the same fix pack level? Both agents on the same machine? Version? Platform?

regards
martin

MDboyz
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by MDboyz » 29 Dec 2009 8:09

No, there are two servers. One is working correctly. The other is not.
They are both windows server 2003 machines.

The problem is one machine didn't report correctly when the job fail. The Control M server still sees the job as successful execution. The agent version is 6.1.03.

Thanks,

ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ejtoedtli » 29 Dec 2009 8:45

Have you verified that the jobs are coded the same in the Steps tab of the job definition? Maybe you don't have the "On" and "Do(s)" coded the same. Look at them very closely, especially the On statement. It sounds like the job is not detecting the return code properly.

MDboyz
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by MDboyz » 29 Dec 2009 11:00

I don't have access to the Control-M server tho. However, two machines report to the same Control-M server, so I'm pretty sure all settings for job definitions are the same. Only all jobs are in the second machine report incorrectly to the Control-M server.