Export all Control M Job doc's

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
kevi_b
Nouveau
Nouveau

Export all Control M Job doc's

Post by kevi_b » 18 Nov 2009 1:15

I am new to this forum and it seems very helpful.

When you right click on the job and select documentation and Control M opens a separate window displaying the defined document for that job.

Is there any way of running a script to go through all of the jobs and export those files? (My problem is that only from the Control M GUI as mentioned above can I get proper access to each job doc, control M connects to hundreds of different servers and Operating Systems).

Any help would be much appreciated

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

EXPORT OF ALL CONTROL-M JOB DOCS

Post by brownbag » 23 Nov 2009 2:32

You may want to consider another option than using the standard job documentation. The issue with documentation (as you know) is that the text files themselves have to be placed on the Control-M/Agent platform. Also, they are only text format.
You can use the Activate Application Editor in the EM GUI to store your documentation. This is a simple option that enables you to open any application on your desktop from EM GUI, by right-clicking on a job and then selecting the options created. You can create an applications editor 'item' for Word, PDF readers, Internet Explorer or any application on your desktop. You then indicate which file you are going to open with that application. To do this, you would pass job parameters to the file and/or directory name to identify which document/file to open.
All you have to do is make sure that your documentation is on a drive accessible to all your client desktops. The simplest way is to put all the doco on a shared network and map the space to the same letter on each client.
You can find out more about Activate Application Editor in the user guides for Control-M/EM.

kevi_b
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by kevi_b » 30 Nov 2009 1:10

Cheers for the advice, we are moving to that solution but first I need to get the old documents out......

baralem

Post by baralem » 30 Nov 2009 3:38

You can run a query to make a list of the files and generate a script to copy/tar files. The query below generates a list ordered by nodeid.
regards.
martin.

SELECT NODEID, DOCLIB||CASE APPLTYPE WHEN 'WIN' THEN '\' WHEN 'OS' THEN '/' END||DOCMEM
FROM CMS_JOBDEF WHERE DOCLIB <> ' ' AND DOCLIB <> ' ' ORDER BY NODEID;