AFT TRANSFER RATE

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
sushiroll
Nouveau
Nouveau

AFT TRANSFER RATE

Post by sushiroll » 06 Nov 2009 9:28

I am attempting to migrate to Control-M's AFT agent and yet I am having transfer rate issues. I am getting a 5MB to 8MB per minute transfer rate. It seems the FTP transfer rate over SSL and SSH is about five times slower than IPSwitch's WSFTP client. I am on a gigabit network and I am traversing a firewall to get to the internet. EM, Server and Agent exist on the same windows OS. I have tested other FTP clients such as CoreFTP on the same OS as the Control-M server and they are much faster. The source files are on the local drive of the agent. Memory and processor appear to be fine. Are there any configuration parameters I can change to improve performance?

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 21 Dec 2009 3:18

Is probably a network problem.
Difficult for me understand exactly witch is the problem but I've esperienced for example different route for out packets and in packets, so ackt messages were 10 times more slow...
;-)

sushiroll
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by sushiroll » 21 Dec 2009 3:48

If I have a network issue that is causing the slow tranfer rate, how can I narrow where the issue is? From the same server, I get different transfer rates (5-8MB with Control-M AFT and 25-30MB with CoreFTP). What could I look for in a sniffer trace of the transfer? I was able to sniff the transfers from my firewall (my security department sent me the logs) and the CoreFTP sniffer trace was much smaller than the Control-M AFT sniffer trace. Thank You

baralem

Post by baralem » 24 Dec 2009 3:49

Have you enabled "Diagnostic Level" on aft?
ctmaftcfg --> Diagnostic Level = 1.

It might help to identify the problem.

Are you transfering a single file or several files? I believe there is a bug in AFT 6.3 when transfering a lot of files.

regards
martin