Urgent!! how to transfer files without FTP enabled on boxes

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
suman
Nouveau
Nouveau

Urgent!! how to transfer files without FTP enabled on boxes

Post by suman » 22 Oct 2009 9:07

HI everybody,

I am trying to schedule a job that can transfer files from one box to other.

Forwhich to do so i have a control-m agent on both the boxes and control-m server on one box where i schedule my job.

lets say a file needs to b transfered from Box1 to Box 2. thru our Control-m agent. I guess for which to happen I need to enable FTP/SFTP on both the boxes.

But our business does not allow us to do so cuz of secuirty requirements. Is there a way Control-m addresses this issue without FTP enabled. or any shared folders between both the boxes???????

Please help with suggestion/ links/ procedure if any.

Thank U

SAMMY 8O

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 22 Oct 2009 11:28

If both boxes are Windows, you can copy files between them using UNC path. Job owner must have permission to the other box through the share.

If either one of the boxes are non-Windows (i.e. Unix or Linux), use scp or pscp (from putty) on the other box. In this case, key files must be pre-configured to avoid exposing password.

If either one box has FTP or SFTP server enabled, install AFT module on the box that is not the transfer server.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 23 Oct 2009 1:32

i think it's a different answer depending of your networks security requierments. it's sure that you could have policies to follow ...
wich one is talking about file to transfert ?

follow it!

regards
philmalmaison

eakinasila
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by eakinasila » 25 Nov 2009 7:00

How can I make an HTML or Javascript dropbox that allows users to submit data via ftp? I'm trying to make a page for my site that allows users to fill out a form and submit the information so that whatever they submit goes to a folder on my desktop. I was thinking that however I did this it would probably involve ftp but I was hoping that there was a way to do this without going into PHP or making users get an ftp client :p. Does anyone know how I can do this?