Windows Agent Fork failure....?

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
GNappo
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by GNappo » 08 Jul 2009 2:18

Hi Kylo_h,

- which is the OWNER of the JOB? Could you check please if the job owner has "Read&Execute" permissions to %SystemRoot%\systen3\cmd.exe

- could you check please if Control-M Agent Services log on as LOCAL SYSTEM

- could you check please with which language is configured your Windows 2003 Server

- could you check please if all "code page conversione tables" in the Advanced Tag of "Control Pannel"\"Regional and Language Options" are checked?

- could you let me know what your .bat do? (if you call some program, like symantec and other, probably you need to fix that program)

Best Regards

Giuseppe Nappo

Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Walty » 08 Jul 2009 3:06

Hi Kylo_h,

Have you see the SLN000000194810 in BMC kb ?
Best regards
Walty

Venkateshwarulu
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Venkateshwarulu » 08 Jul 2009 4:31

We did get similar kind of error in our shop as well.

SYSOUT:
Result: Success.

/tmp/437cz1_1.sh[1344]: 0403-030 The fork function failed. Too many processes already exist.

===============================================
Analysis:
You may need review how many available batch slots we have available during the peak hours in which this job runs. This messages state that to many processes exist. You may have only these job failures and these type of messages on specific system; all others are might completing ok.

I did some research on fork function failed messages and I’ve found that this is caused when there is not enough memory available.

To get an accurate account as to what is going on during this time I recommend you do the following.

SUGGESTION:

1. Have the UNIX to monitor the system for any alerts during peak time when jobs are failing

2. The # of available batch slots available during this time may need to be increased

Thanks
Venkat