Are Client licences needed for "Agentless Job Schedulin

Everything about Control-M agents installation or setup.
Chipper
Nouveau
Nouveau

Are Client licences needed for "Agentless Job Schedulin

Post by Chipper » 06 Jan 2009 11:10

My company have asked me to investigate "Agentless Job Scheduling" as a way of cutting down the number of Control-M client licences (to save costs).

I'm completely unfamiliar with Control-M "Agentless Job Scheduling" - how does BMC's licensing model work? do I need to buy a Control-M licence for client machines that have jobs scheduled to run on them via "Agentless Job Scheduling" ?

I'd be very grateful for any guidance.

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 06 Jan 2009 2:26

Hi

Response is yes.

In fact, BMC says if you launch a script in remote command from a server to another, using a control-m process, they will consider that you must paid a licence about the server where the script runs.

Chipper
Nouveau
Nouveau

Thank You

Post by Chipper » 06 Jan 2009 4:27

Fyot - thanks for your prompt reply. I guessed a licence was stall needed (otherwise BMC would have developed something that would lose them money! :roll: ). Many thanks for confirming my suspicions - regards, Chipper

wstraube
Nouveau
Nouveau

BMC Costs

Post by wstraube » 06 Jan 2009 8:59

The maint costs for BMC can be by tier or number of jobs. There are different tiers: workgroup has 1 or 2 cpu's; Departmental has 3-8 cpus; enterprise has 9-100 cpus. They also said they can charge by job but we never investigated that. You should talk to your BMC rep to get specifics on costs.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 02 Apr 2009 4:48

With the licence based on numeber of jobs (tasks):
one job with agent installed and one job with the remote execution have exactly the same cost: one task, one job.

Is completly different how...