ControlM Server - DB Configuration

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
hajon
Nouveau
Nouveau

ControlM Server - DB Configuration

Post by hajon » 03 Aug 2011 6:13

Hi everyone,

I have a Control-M Server for tests and we had a problem since the FS was full. I tried to restart the Control-M Server but an error occured with the message "SQL Server is not running - exit." when doing start_ctm so I was wondering where can I check the Control's Server configuration with Oracle DB. I'm a bit lost on how to manage Control-M database's configuration.

Thanks in advance,

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 09 Aug 2011 4:40

Hi,
do you just trying to restart, or did you made before some free space to restart correctly?

So you must identify first what is making your FS becoming full.
It could be many different thinks...
archive log is on?
where is the destination?
do you make the necessary arch log backup if archive log is on ?

Regards,
Philmalmaison

hajon
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by hajon » 12 Aug 2011 11:46

I've some kind solved the problem.
I had some dump file came and filled my FS which I didn't investigate on.
After I deleted them I tried to restart my ControlM Server. but an error message came out with "SQL Server is not running - exit."

I've checked my Oracle TNSNAME to check out if I was using the good DB and if my configuration was correct. (~/.oraenv.csh, ~/.ctmcshrc) but start_ctm does not start so I checked that script and find out a command dbversion which giving me wrong connection error with the DB. Because when using TNSPING, it works fine and I couldn't find out how does DBUVersion -SILENT Y -PRIMARY $primary (dbversion) work but when I've commented it in the script the ctm_server starts.

Now my ctm_server works but my gateway is not starting my process p_ctmco or p_ctmcs are not present. I'm not in hurry just wondering how does that work and I don't know where can I look for.

To answer your questions:
At first I did a restart and I forgot to check the FS, now it's fine.
And no we are not using archive log on the test.

Thanks for you help Phil!

hajon
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by hajon » 17 Aug 2011 12:01

I don't know if it's me or ControlM V7 but the process CO is not running as before.
My test server is now working fine.

Thank you,