Reinstalling / Replacing a Server

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
BreakFix
Nouveau
Nouveau

Reinstalling / Replacing a Server

Post by BreakFix » 15 Sep 2010 12:18

I folks.

I need to reinstall one of my Control-M/Servers and would appropriate any advice or previous experience of this activity.

I want retain the same name, IP and general configuration but during the install i'll be able to specify different remote MSSQL database location and service accounts etc. I attempt to hack the registry but for some reason this particular /Server will only use default MSSQL port 1433 which needs the change.

At the moment I'm guessing that it's fairly simple but I have no experience of the impacts or unexpected consequences when removing/reinstalling/adding the server back into the /EM configuration.

For example
- Will the /EM and /Agent reconnect without fuss (assuming IP/Ports/ete are all identical).
- Will the new day trigger normally the following day
- Will jobs which reference the /Server retain it's details while it's removed from the /EM configuration.

Perhaps i worry too much?
:P
/BreakFix

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 16 Sep 2010 10:48

Hi,
we experience this kind of migration.
In fact if you just change of server, and has you keep service address and IP, and if the source FS should be mounted on target host, it should work.
Regards,
Philmalmaison

BreakFix
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by BreakFix » 16 Sep 2010 12:10

Thanks, I also had some feedback from a supplier yesterday that a careful reinstall should be a fairly simple activity and work fine. I guess I'm a born worrier!

Thanks.
/BreakFix