Integrating Control-M messages into BEM

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
moha1984
Nouveau
Nouveau

Integrating Control-M messages into BEM

Post by moha1984 » 16 Aug 2010 1:14

I read the below information :

There are at least three ways of integrating Control-M messages into BEM...

1) Use the Patrol KM for Control-M. This can output all of the CTM related errors (including job failures) into the BEM if you have the KM installed on the Patrol agent used to monitor the CTM servers.

2) Use SNMP. I believe there is a way of sending the Control-M alerts as SNMP traps, which you can point to the BEM server and use the SNMP adapter in mxca.

3) We use a bespoke method where the CTM alert generation calls a script, which formats the event as we want and then calls msend to issue the alert to a specific cell on the BEM. This works very well for us, but takes a little development.

/

- my question is how can give Patrol KM for Control-M? what is name Patrol KM for Control-M? becouse I serchered throgh BMC website but I can not found!. Please help me for my request

- how can Use SNMP as configuration ?

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 16 Aug 2010 2:28

1°) check for the proper product name which is actually BMC PATROL KM for Control-M. product brief description available at: http://www.bmc.com/products/product-lis ... -2357.html
2°)
1- control-m/EM has been providing for ages SNMP support to route the received alerts towards an SNMP server.
The involved parameters are accessible through the EM Configuration Manager --> Tools --> System Parameters, and are SendSnmp, SnmpHost, SnmpSendActive and, optionally, SendAlarmToScript. All of them are documented in the appendix B “ System parameters” and appendix D “SNMP” Interface of the control-m administration guide (version 6.4)
2 – control-m server provides SNMP facilities, driven by the ctm2snmp and ctmsnmp utilities. I’m not familiar with them two, but both are documented in the control-m Utilities Guide.

You will notice by reading these manuals that the format of the sent traps is richer when using the EM facility, hence making the parsing easier when the message is received on the SNMP host

Cheers