Can't add Remote Host in 6.4 CCM after FP upgrade

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
J-Man
Nouveau
Nouveau

Can't add Remote Host in 6.4 CCM after FP upgrade

Post by J-Man » 26 Feb 2010 2:06

I had an issue over the last couple of days where after applying fix pack 3 to our server. One of the remote hosts disappeared from our agent list in CCM. When we tried to add the remote host you got the message.

"Failed to save remote host.
Failed to add Remote Host ember, rc=2"
Error CTM6899 HOSTMAP_PLUGIN

We could add and remove other hosts, but this above host (ember in the above) you could not see in the remote agent list nor could you add it again.

Solution we used:

Connect to the CTM Server DB, ran the following checks

Code: Select all

select * from CMS_MACHINE_MAP where TARGET_MACHINE like '%ember%';
select * from CMS_SSH_DETAILS where TARGET_MACHINE like '%ember%';
select * from CMS_RJX_NAMES where TARGET_MACHINE like '%ember%';
In all of the above cases Ember still had DB entries. We deletd the above entries from those three tables, made sure to commit them. Then we were able to add ember once again in CCM and get the jobs running.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 26 Feb 2010 10:54

i think maybe you did'nt install the necessary plugins of your fixpack on both server and client EM , if you fix an agent with CCM you can have same pb.

regards
philmalmaison

J-Man
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by J-Man » 26 Feb 2010 9:03

The EM was FP3 and currently the EM clients on xp are were upgraded to FP3 as well. But in this case we are talking about the servers running FP3 and in the past we haven’t had any issues with lets say our servers being FP3 and EM and clients FP2. But also we could add and remove other remote hosts without issue to the server in question.

My educated guess with what seemed to happen was during this specific upgrade. The server lost the remote host in the CMR_NODEID table. But left data in the other tables above. Then when you tried to add the missing remote host back, it was rejected by the DB since orphaned records existed. I don’t have any explanation as to why applying a FP caused it to drop the remote host.

But you might be right; the host was working fine and running jobs. But the person that added the host originally was running the base EM client with no fix pack. And at that point in time the EM was FP2.

Time line looked like
- EM/CCM fp2
- EM client base install added remote host ember
- Jobs were running fine on Ember
- CTM Servers upgraded to fp3
- EM/CCM was upgraded to fp3
- EM clients were upgraded to fp3
- Server above was rolled back to base, Server had fp3 re-applied
- Ember disappeared from agent list