Control-M/Server Unknown state.

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
BreakFix
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M/Server Unknown state.

Post by BreakFix » 18 Feb 2010 12:55

Hello everyone.

Yesterday my /EM server had an unexpected restart due to a hardware error :confused: but once it was back online my two Control-M/Server where stuck in a unknown state for around 45mins - 1.5hours.

All other components started fine. Network was confirmed to be available.
I didn't spot anything nasty in the logs.

After 30 minutes I restarted one of the /Servers and a few minutes later the /Server became available. :D

The second /Server isn't a server I can reboot so we waited another 30minutes and eventually it came available by itself without direct intervention. 8O I was restarting services on /EM but I don't think anything could have really forced the /Server to reconnect so I assume something on the /Server re-established the connection?

Does anyone know why /Servers might behave like this?
  • 1) Why they didn't immediately reconnect once /EM was back online?
    2) Does the /Server re-establish it's connection to the /EM automatically every so often, hence the wait?
I can't reboot /Server which are executing jobs so if we know they can re-connection after a couple of hours then we shouldn't be so worried.

Any advice on /Server connection behaviour would be greatly appreciated.
/BreakFix

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 18 Feb 2010 2:55

you don't have to restart control-m servers in anyway if your controlm em is down.

but at the restart of your em having a look on process concerning em component to be kill before starting again.

after that you eventually have to stop/start the configuration agent on your control-m server.

regards
philmalmaison