wrong Delete procedure used!!

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
niras
Nouveau
Nouveau

wrong Delete procedure used!!

Post by niras » 26 Oct 2009 8:57

Hi,

I have few jobs in CM/EM which shows executing(yellow) stage and i need to delete them.I logged into sql DB and issued 'delete from CMR_AJF where ORDERNO IN(<>,<>)'
Query executed fine and the data is deleted in sql server DB but I still could able to see those jobs in my CM/EM screen.By browsing few forums later,I came to know that I followed an incorrect procedure to delete the jobs with executing state.

I am wondering is there any other way that I can get rid of those jobs.

Thanks in Advance!

Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Walty » 28 Oct 2009 6:07

Hi,

If you have jobs in execution state, and you want to delete them , use the <kill> option from the GUI :
- select your job
- right click
- select kill
- confirm action

Other possibility is to invoque the <ctmkilljob> in command line.
The ctmkilljob utility terminates a specified CONTROL-M job and all its processes.
ctmkilljob terminates only jobs that are currently executing.

usage: ctmkilljob
[ -ORDERID <unique order ID> ]
[ -NODEID <name> ]
[ -MEMLIB <path> ]
[ -MEMNAME <filename> ]
[ -JOBNAME <name> ]

If you have jobs stuck in yellow (running) status on GUI but no active processes on agent box, the status never changes for those jobs until you manually update the status in the Control-M/Server Database (SQL query). In this forum you find some tips about this cases (search <yellow> word)

Tips:
When you modify table CMR_AJF by SQL, good way is to execute <force download> to syncronise Control-M/Server and Control-M/EM DB :
From user <controlm> invoked the <reset_ecs> script or use ctm_menu --> Troubleshooting --> Force Download
Best regards
Walty

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 04 Nov 2009 10:39

it is not recommended to delete from CMR_AJF, or in that case, you must know what is the on delete cascade ...

it is very dangerous to directly delete frm CMR_AJF

use the ctmkilljob, and use Hold/free job after that to change the status from yellow to red, then wait for the new day procedure to remove them as necessary.

regards
philmalmaison