How to configure a job to run on every monday fortnightly

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
Shashwat
Nouveau
Nouveau

How to configure a job to run on every monday fortnightly

Post by Shashwat » 21 Oct 2009 3:35

I want to configure one job. This job runs on Monday, fortnightly. Means the job will run on 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.

Can anybody tell me how to configure the scheduling criteria for this?

GNappo
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by GNappo » 21 Oct 2009 4:25

Hi Shashwat,

you can create a calendar including all monday, and then you must configure D1,D3 in Month Day and your new calendar in Month Days Calendar

Best Regard

Giuseppe Nappo

Jules
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: How to configure a job to run on every monday fortnightl

Post by Jules » 22 Oct 2009 4:53

Shashwat wrote:I want to configure one job. This job runs on Monday, fortnightly. Means the job will run on 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.

Can anybody tell me how to configure the scheduling criteria for this?
Hi Shashwat,

We have a periodic calendar setup with period A and period B being alternate weeks so to schedule a job fortnightly we just use D*PA in DAYS and the schedule day 2 in WDAYS.

Just have to make sure when setting up the calendars at year end that the weeks stay alternating.

Shashwat
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Shashwat » 22 Oct 2009 6:37

Could you please tell me how to create a new calendar?

I tried to create a periodic rule in Month Days tab. It has been given there that - for each required day n in period i, write a day number and period identifier (e.g. 3A, 15C).

What are the meaning of A, B...? Is there any fixed definition for these letters or these are user defined? If user defined, how can I define a new period for fortnightly jobs?

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 23 Oct 2009 4:17

There is conflicting information in the statements.
This job runs on Monday, fortnightly. Means the job will run on 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.
For a month with 5 mondays, there are 3 weeks between the 3rd monday of that month and the 1st monday of the following month, not 2 weeks.

To schedule a job on 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, simply specify D1W1,D1W3 for Week Days and select all months. No calendar is necessary.

To schedule a job every other monday, you have to define a calendar. The simplest is to define a regular calendar which marks down all mondays you want the job, and enter the calendar name to your job definition.

Shashwat
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Shashwat » 29 Oct 2009 5:58

Thanks for your quick reply.