control M job status not changing

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
rahul2825
Nouveau
Nouveau

control M job status not changing

Post by rahul2825 » 06 Oct 2009 1:43

hi,
iam new to control m and Today I tried to submit the job string after editing the jcl for one job

after confirming the job the status doesn’t change to submitted and after sometime I had to force ok the jobs.

When I checked MSG STATISTICS I got the following message .could you please kindly suggest.

insufficient access authority access allowed read intent to update but some times the job runs and ends in an error saying duplicate rec insertion db2 even though i have chnaged the input file ten times .
any suggestion is welcome thanks.

Nancy

Post by Nancy » 07 Oct 2009 11:57

Can you check your authorization? I believe you have a Browse access at the moment which dont have an authorization to submit the job. You may need a full access.

nancy

rahul2825
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rahul2825 » 08 Oct 2009 11:57

Nancy wrote:Can you check your authorization? I believe you have a Browse access at the moment which dont have an authorization to submit the job. You may need a full access.

nancy
hi nancy after confirming the job in control m main screen option 3 the status ddint change to submitted then after some time i checked option OM of main screen of cntrol m MSG STATISTICS

there i got the insufficient acess but when i contacted concerned people they are saying there is nothing wrong with my id. please suggest how to check my authority status and why is the job not being submitted it is neither abending nothing is happening.
thanks

Nancy

Post by Nancy » 08 Oct 2009 1:44

Ask your administrtor whether you have a browse/Control/Update access?

I believe you need to have UPDATE accss to submit the job.

Nancy

rahul2825
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rahul2825 » 08 Oct 2009 2:00

Nancy wrote:Ask your administrtor whether you have a browse/Control/Update access?

I believe you need to have UPDATE accss to submit the job.

Nancy
Nancy,
after confirming status didnt change job was still in wait schedule and
when i put ? before job which is in wait state i got the following could anyone suggest anything
IN DAU-VRR-STRG-NOT-ACT STAT

thanks