Contol-M licensing rules

Everything about Control-M Server installation or setup.
chaoos
Nouveau
Nouveau

Contol-M licensing rules

Post by chaoos » 28 Aug 2009 1:35

Hi

Could anybody direct me to docs or white papers about Control-M licensing rules (Investment guide or sth)?

Thanks in advance

Lukas

th_alejandro
Nouveau
Nouveau

same problem

Post by th_alejandro » 01 Sep 2009 10:27

I have the same problem, there is no 'clear' how works the licensing of CTM. 8O We need documents in 'white paper' to avoid licensing problems in the future.

ElAdl
Nouveau
Nouveau

License

Post by ElAdl » 28 Jun 2010 3:16

Licenses counts by the number of jobs running daily on the production environment

ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ejtoedtli » 30 Jun 2010 6:43

I have been involved with our company licensing recently. Licensing can vary from one company to another. Our company has a custom negotiated agreement from several years ago. I am not positive which pieces are "standard" and which are negotiated. I suggest contatcing your sales representative and ask for a copy of your licensing agreement. If you don't know who your current rep is you can open an low priority issue with BMC asking for contact information for your sales rep.

th_alejandro
Nouveau
Nouveau

it's clear now

Post by th_alejandro » 28 Jul 2010 10:48

Thank for your replys. I try to explain to all how Control-M licensing Works:

1) Licensing by jobs
2) Licensing by cpu usage

In the first case, you can buy packs of 1000, 10000, 20000, 50000 8O jobs, or the number of jobs you plan to install in your company. so, this is the limit of jobs you can execute by day, and in this case of licensing you can install Control-M server in everywhere you want. (no limits of installation for binaries files, or server or agents or Gui's). This option include to install many control-m servers. Important is define the maximum number of jobs that you plan to implement. Once you have reach the maximum number of jobs, you need to buy more jobs licenses.

In the second Case, you have licenses based in the number of physical cpu in your Control-M server (not virtual cpu servers). For example, you can buy a workgroup licensing, so, you can install Control-M server in only 1 machine up to 2 physical cpu processors. Another license is Entreprise Level I, in this case, you can install only 1 license of control-m server in a server up to 4 physical cpu processors. Another license is Enterprise Level II, up to 8 physical cpu processor. And level 3 up to 32 physical processor. In all this type of cpu licenses, there is no limit in the number of jobs ypu can install. But it's a problem when you upgrade your control-m server from 4 processor to a new machine with 16 cpu or more, in this case, you need to pay the diference between Enterprise Level I to enterprise Level III. and this is many US$.

Take a note: :roll: If you run Your Control-M in a machine with 32 physycal processors, and your control-m server is a virtual machine with only 2 virtual cpu processos defined in this big machine. You must pay for 32 cpu, not only for 2 cpu. This is because this kind of license is based on physycal cpu infrastructure.

jstarkw
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by jstarkw » 11 Nov 2010 5:58

Can anyone help with an providing an average cost for licensing 10,000 jobs per day?

wolfe
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by wolfe » 20 Nov 2010 12:35

One correction you need to make for the task based license. It is not based on number of jobs executed, it is based on the total number of jobs in the active environment over a 24 hour period. So you might order in 10000 jobs and only execute 1000, but you pay for the 10000. It also means job streams that carry over from one order date to the next are more expensive to run than jobs streams that complete during the same odate.