How to schedule a job to run fortnightly

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
venkycraj
Nouveau
Nouveau

How to schedule a job to run fortnightly

Post by venkycraj » 08 Dec 2006 12:40

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to schedule a job that would run fortnightly using Control-M desktop 6.1.03.300

Let's say for example. I want to schedule a job on fortnightly basis starting from 14th.Dec.2006 at 11.45PM, so the next execution should happen on 28th.Dec.2006.

How do i automate this step. Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Venky

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 08 Dec 2006 3:22

Hi

I see 2 ways.

First to define a calendar use by your jobs definition including the only days you want to launch your job.

Second you following information from Control-M documentation.
"Click on date box 6 and then click on the +n button. A + symbol appears in the calendar box for the 6th of the month. This symbol indicates that the job will be scheduled on the 6th of the month, in addition to any scheduling dates in the DCAL calendar. "

venkycraj
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by venkycraj » 11 Dec 2006 1:31

Thanks a lot for your response Franck,

We have a issue with marking the calender with month day 6 and +n, this means that next month also the job would be scheduled on 6th, we don't want that to happen, instead if i schedule the job to first run on 7th Dec 2006, it should next run 2 weeks from the start date, i.e 21st Dec 2006 or in other words after 14 days from the start date.

fyot wrote:Hi

I see 2 ways.

First to define a calendar use by your jobs definition including the only days you want to launch your job.

Second you following information from Control-M documentation.
"Click on date box 6 and then click on the +n button. A + symbol appears in the calendar box for the 6th of the month. This symbol indicates that the job will be scheduled on the 6th of the month, in addition to any scheduling dates in the DCAL calendar. "

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 11 Dec 2006 3:39

Hi,

There is another way.
Using ctmcontb utility and creating a script launch every day.

That script save in a file or in a database the last execution.
Every day you compare the date with the system date.
After 14 days you send automatically with ctmcontb utility the condition need by your job.

That script could be launched every day as a control-m job.

Regards

venkycraj
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by venkycraj » 14 Dec 2006 7:34

Thanks Franck,

Is there way we can use some script and get the intended result instead of using a utility. Can you please share the script if you have one?

Venky

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 14 Dec 2006 7:56

Hi Venky,

You will find some examples on the download part of that site.
So here is an example to send a condition : Envoicond

TimBP
Nouveau
Nouveau

Using a periodic calendar

Post by TimBP » 20 Feb 2007 1:47

One periodic calendar could be defined that would allow a job that first runs on any day to run every 14th day thereafter. To do this, define a periodic calendar with 14 different periods. These can be marked a, b, c...n. The calendar can start on any date and continue indefinitely into the future. For example, 12/1/2006 could be marked a, 12/2/2006 b, 12/3/2006 c, etc. In this case, the 14th would be the first day of period n. The 28th would be the 2nd day of period n. 14 days after this would be the 3rd day of period N, etc. It would only take a little time to create this calendar.

In the month days calendar, specify the periodic calendar name for the calendar, and specify D*Pn for month days. Do not select any days on the month days.

If a job first ran on the 10th of December and you wanted it to run every 14 days, you would specify D*Pj. So regardless of the start date, a job could easily be run every 14 days. Also, if you wanted it to run every 7 days instead, specify D*Pg,D*Pn. So one periodic calendar can be used for multiple similar problems. One calendar with 24 periods could schedule a job every 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 12th, or 24th day.