scheduling and prequiste conditions

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
jstarkw
Nouveau
Nouveau

scheduling and prequiste conditions

Post by jstarkw » 23 May 2013 6:47

Hello All,

I have a control-m 6.4 scheduling question. Is there an easy way to attach a prerequisite condition to a job that orders on Thursday from a job that was ordered and ran successfully on Tuesday? I am currently using a static condition but this does not work sometimes due to the Tuesday job failing and a devloper running it outside control-m. Static prerequisite condition does not get set and then the Thursday job does not run.

thanks,

claudio960
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: scheduling and prequiste conditions

Post by claudio960 » 24 May 2013 7:27

jstarkw wrote:Hello All,

I have a control-m 6.4 scheduling question. Is there an easy way to attach a prerequisite condition to a job that orders on Thursday from a job that was ordered and ran successfully on Tuesday? I am currently using a static condition but this does not work sometimes due to the Tuesday job failing and a devloper running it outside control-m. Static prerequisite condition does not get set and then the Thursday job does not run.

thanks,
Rule number one: "if a job is in production under control-M, do not allow to run this out of it."

Rgds

Manii
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Manii » 27 May 2013 6:34

Hi jstarkw,

You can use a LATE SUBMIT shout to Thursday Job, to notify Operation team , if Thursday job does not get started on time .

and moreover you can ask Application/development team to notify monitoring team to update on status of failed job so that they can either rerun or force completed it in Control-M to post processed

Regards,
Mani :)