CrizztlCoder

Username and password in embedded scripts

Post by CrizztlCoder » 09 Oct 2012 12:29

Hello everyone, I have a rather simple question:

Does Control-M (v7) provides any sort of

account management
password safe
something to abuse in this way

to provide a username and a password in multiple embedded scripts, giving the possibility to alter them later without touching every job.

All service accounts recieve a new password every three months, and our tools are all written to recieve user/pass in parameters

Hope you understand what I'm talking about :)

vgcarmo
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by vgcarmo » 16 Oct 2012 4:15

Hello, CrizztlCoder

Just a question: Are you interacting with a external system such SAP, Oracle, SQL Server?

Control-M has several Control Modules for this systems, so you can securely define accounts and inform user/password. This information will not appear in job definition.

Also, before you define a Job, you have to use ´Owners Authentication Settings' in Control-M Configuration Manager. You will inform user/password for operating systems, and you can also choose which hosts should use this information.

Please send me a feedback if this response answers you querstion.

Tks.

Vanderlei

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 26 Oct 2012 11:32

Use the LIBMEMSYM: so you can save the user and pasword in files. Is a centralized manner, you modify only the files and all jobs keep working.

The files has a simple syntax, so is also possible to automate the writing of the files, when a password change...