Monday morning jobs

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
GrandSteph
Nouveau
Nouveau

Monday morning jobs

Post by GrandSteph » 18 Jan 2012 10:15

Hi all,
I'm having a bit of an issue here. As many businesses we run our batch daily monday night thru friday night.

How would you schedule a job that has to run on monday morning, but really is connected to friday night's batch? (specifically, jobs running Monday morning are dependant on job running Friday night).

Bonus question: When monday is a business holiday, I need it to run the Tuesday morning...

Thank you all.

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 19 Jan 2012 1:18

This is what PREV will be translated to.

If a job's schedule is M-F, on ODATE Monday, PREV is previous Friday. PREV means the previous order date relative to the ODATE of the job. Similarly, NEXT means the next order date relative to the ODATE of the job. PREV and NEXT are available as date of condition (for definition) or as system AutoEdit variable of the job.

GrandSteph
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by GrandSteph » 19 Jan 2012 5:43

I'm not sure it addresses my need. Maybe I don't understand your answer.
I want to order the job on Friday, but I want it to run on Monday morning as part of Friday night's batch.

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 19 Jan 2012 7:23

Your real question isn't what you asked initially. My answer was based on your question
How would you schedule a job that has to run on monday morning, but really is connected to friday night's batch? (specifically, jobs running Monday morning are dependant on job running Friday night).
For your real question, you can set the Friday job waiting for an extra condition that is created on Monday. Make sure the job has MAXWAIT of 3.

GrandSteph
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by GrandSteph » 09 Feb 2012 6:07

That wouldn't work because then I need to create a job on monday. That is what I'm trying to avoid.

How about passing the next business date to the job and have the job wait for thenext business date.

That would translate into, the job triggers on Friday night but knows that the next business date is monday and would just wait for that.

Ayanna
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Ayanna » 09 Oct 2012 1:32

My condition is too much horrible as i work on Sunday also....My working hour is 9.5 hours in a day with 6 week days....