CYCLIC job will not finish it's last run

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
donnawonna
Nouveau
Nouveau

CYCLIC job will not finish it's last run

Post by donnawonna » 16 Oct 2011 11:16

Hello All!
I have 2 cyclic jobs in separate groups. Each job is setup to run 3 times total a day, running the first job followed by the other.
When the first job runs for the 3rd and final time, it runs well past midnight, which is the start the new days load to the AJF.
The 2nd cyclic job does not wait to run the 3rd and final time, but gets cleanup(removed) from the AJF.

Is there something we can do to tell the cyclic to wait past midnight and run that 3rd and final time? I'm confused...

HowardLyle
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: CYCLIC job will not finish it's last run

Post by HowardLyle » 17 Oct 2011 9:00

On the EXECUTION tab of your jobs you will want to increase the AJF Retention Maxwait to 1 so that the job does not get cleaned up during New Day. It will stay out there one day.

If you need it to stay out there 2 days than change AJF Retention to 2, etc.

If the jobs are pred'ed together you shouldn't have a problem as long as the In/Out conditions are using ODAT.

Hope that helps.

donnawonna wrote:Hello All!
I have 2 cyclic jobs in separate groups. Each job is setup to run 3 times total a day, running the first job followed by the other.
When the first job runs for the 3rd and final time, it runs well past midnight, which is the start the new days load to the AJF.
The 2nd cyclic job does not wait to run the 3rd and final time, but gets cleanup(removed) from the AJF.

Is there something we can do to tell the cyclic to wait past midnight and run that 3rd and final time? I'm confused...