Scheduling Issue

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Scheduling Issue

Post by ejtoedtli » 31 Aug 2009 9:17

We have very few jobs that are defined on a monthly schedule. The jobs that are monthly are very simple: The first working day of the month and we have a working day calendar defined.

We have a new requirement and I was hoping to not have to setup a new calendar. The user wants some jobs run on the last calendar day of the month. However, if it is a weekend or holiday, then run it on the next working day. This seems easy but when I run ctmrpln it is not showing what I expected. I was hoping to code it without setting up another calendar but I am having issues.

In MONTH DAYS I coded L1 with no calendar. I selected AND between the month days and week days boxes. In the week days box I coded ">1,>2,>3,>4,>5,>6,>0" (with the assistance of the rules button). I also specified a calendar that contains our working days.

I ran a yearly ctmrpln for 2009. Most months are good because the last calendar day is a working day. For Oct I expected the job to not be scheduled. For Nov I expected Nov 2 and Nov 30. ctmrpln only shows Nov 30.

Any ideas where I went wrong? Is Control-M capable of scheduling over multiple months? Is is coded right and ctmrpln is not reporting it properly?

Unfortunately we do not have Forecast.

Thanks.

GNappo
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by GNappo » 01 Sep 2009 4:21

Hi ejtoedtli,

the only way I know to shift a scheduling day is throuth the "Confirmation Calendar" option in Scheduling Tag.

I can suggest you only to create a calendar that include only warking day whitout holiday (ie colled Holiday+).

In this way you can configure L1 on "Month Days" and Holiday+ (like my ie) in the "Confirmation Calendar" configuring "Next Day" in "Shift" option

Best Regards

Giuseppe Nappo

ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ejtoedtli » 01 Sep 2009 4:40

I decided to open a ticket with BMC. They said that it is coded correctly. Looks like a bug. They were able to duplicate the problem on a Control-M 6.4 system. They have turned it over to development.

I am just going to setup a calendar with the dates this job needs to be run. I try to avoid new calendars whenever possible.

Thanks.