AFT Mixed With OpenPGP

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
fbladmin
Nouveau
Nouveau

AFT Mixed With OpenPGP

Post by fbladmin » 04 Aug 2009 12:17

We are implementing AFT and utilize GlobalScape EFT for our FTP Server.

We are invoking OpenPGP with an Event Rule in EFT that in effect, changes the target file name as the file is encrypted and is given the .pgp file extention. The AFT job is failing (turning red) because it can't find the target file name in the target folder (post transfer file size validation failed).

Any ideas on how to work with this? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

punchy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by punchy » 04 Aug 2009 4:02

I think it's because AFT has full control of the file transfer it may not like it when EFT changes things.

Have you tried in the AFT form under 'advanced' -> rename destination file feature?

You can turn on AFT debug trace on in File Transfer CM -> Configuration Management and check out the Agent/AFT CM logs.

I've just test renaming a destination file with my test systems and it seems OK. I'm using FTP over SSL/TLS to a FileZilla Server. So it's an encrypted channel and AFT manages to change the destination filename fine.

With the destination file renaming you can use auto edit variables.

fbladmin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fbladmin » 07 Aug 2009 4:11

Thanks for responding.

We tried this but it turns out that AFT tries to validate that file arrived before it does the rename so we get the same error. I've submitted the issues to BMC and at this point I've gotten feedback soliciting input for how they might implement an OpenPGP feature but nothing of how to deal with it integrated into the FTP Server.

I'd sure welcome other ideas as well.