Scheduling a job every 2nd Friday

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
Epping

Scheduling a job every 2nd Friday

Post by Epping » 26 Jun 2009 2:19

Without having to define a unique Calendar is there anyway I can schedule a job to run every 2nd Friday.

I'm trying to minimise the volume of calendars we maintain as is getting out of hand.

Thanks

ajith_eee
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ajith_eee » 27 Jun 2009 4:59

Hi

Use D08,D09,D10,D11,D12,D13,D14 in Month days and Friday in Week days and use "AND" between them.

This should work. Someone correct if this is wrong.

Thanks
Ajith

Epping

Post by Epping » 29 Jun 2009 11:34

ajith_eee wrote:Hi

Use D08,D09,D10,D11,D12,D13,D14 in Month days and Friday in Week days and use "AND" between them.

This should work. Someone correct if this is wrong.

Thanks
Ajith
It doesn't look right at all to me but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and build a dev job to test it. Here's hoping

Thanks

Epping

Post by Epping » 29 Jun 2009 12:20

As suspected that doesn't work.

Looks like its a calendar. :)

Thanks

rahulsehgal
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rahulsehgal » 29 Jun 2009 3:34

Hi,

You have to specify a calender name in Month Days Calender whenever you are using D* in Months option,

regards

Phils
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Phils » 29 Jun 2009 4:50

Hi,

You don't have to type D.
Just type 8,9,10,11,12,13,14 in Month days and Friday in Week days and use "AND" between them.

....or "ALL" in Month Days "AND" D5W2 in Weekdays, and of course ALL Months... This option is valid only if you have nothing in Weekdays calendar.

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

RUNNING A JOB EVERY 2ND FRIDAY

Post by brownbag » 30 Jun 2009 6:32

The above selection will enable you to run a job on the 2nd Friday of the month. But it looks to me like you want to run a job every 2nd Friday, i.e., every fortnight.
If you wish to do this, you need to define a calendar. But you can define one calendar to cover all fortnightly jobs. Just create a periodic calendar called FORTNIGHT. Every 2nd week should be period A and every other week should be period B.
Then your fortnighly jobs should be defined to run on weekdays calendar FORTNIGHT. To run every 2nd Friday, use either D5PA or D5PB, depending on which week you want your jobs to run. To run, for instance, every 2nd Tuesday, use D2PA or D2PB.

So you need a calendar, but it is a simple calendar to cover all fortnightly jobs.

Epping

Re: RUNNING A JOB EVERY 2ND FRIDAY

Post by Epping » 30 Jun 2009 9:43

brownbag wrote:The above selection will enable you to run a job on the 2nd Friday of the month. But it looks to me like you want to run a job every 2nd Friday, i.e., every fortnight.
If you wish to do this, you need to define a calendar. But you can define one calendar to cover all fortnightly jobs. Just create a periodic calendar called FORTNIGHT. Every 2nd week should be period A and every other week should be period B.
Then your fortnighly jobs should be defined to run on weekdays calendar FORTNIGHT. To run every 2nd Friday, use either D5PA or D5PB, depending on which week you want your jobs to run. To run, for instance, every 2nd Tuesday, use D2PA or D2PB.

So you need a calendar, but it is a simple calendar to cover all fortnightly jobs.
I've creatd a unique calendar in the end. Cheers for the advice.