Renaming job names from Ctrl-M desktop

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
Moham
Nouveau
Nouveau

Renaming job names from Ctrl-M desktop

Post by Moham » 10 Jun 2009 2:44

Hi, I created a schedule with around 100 jobs . The Control-m job names were created based on the naming convention provided by the client. Now there is a requirement to change the naming convention. For example all the jobs created with name PABC_1001 (where ABC is the convention suggested by client). All the 100 job names starts with ABC, I need to convert these into XYZ. We are restricted to use the database and hence can't run any SQL queries on the Ctrl-M database tables. Plese can anyone suggest how can I do this through Ctrl-M desktop?

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 10 Jun 2009 4:36

Use "Find and Update" / "Mass Update"

Or

Export jobs into XML file, replace jobnames in file, and import the XML file.

Moham
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Moham » 10 Jun 2009 5:14

Many thanks. Please can you explain in step by step how to export the jobs in XML format? I'm using ctrl-M 6.2.01.200 version

ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ejtoedtli » 10 Jun 2009 9:11

The "Mass Update" is very easy to use in version 6.3.01. I don't have experience with 6.2. My opinion is that it is a lot easier then exporting to XML, modifying the names, and importing.

We do some of the XML manipulation in some specific cases. If you don't already have import and export jobs setup it can take a lot of time to get them working properly. However, when I set them up I did not know about this forum to ask for assistance...

archu
Nouveau
Nouveau

find and update

Post by archu » 12 Jun 2009 11:26

Hi,

In EDIT menu we have " Find and update " which is used to rename all fields like jobname,scheduling table,owner etc.
1.In the Field :give jobname,scheduling table,owner etc
2.select like
3.from : PABC_1001
4.chose update
5.PXYZ_1001

Try like this is easy.

ejtoedtli wrote:The "Mass Update" is very easy to use in version 6.3.01. I don't have experience with 6.2. My opinion is that it is a lot easier then exporting to XML, modifying the names, and importing.

We do some of the XML manipulation in some specific cases. If you don't already have import and export jobs setup it can take a lot of time to get them working properly. However, when I set them up I did not know about this forum to ask for assistance...