Scheduling a Quarterly to an Annual Job

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
Hubba
Nouveau
Nouveau

Scheduling a Quarterly to an Annual Job

Post by Hubba » 02 Feb 2009 7:54

I have a job that is scheduled quarterly. At year end, the last quarterly job only feeds the Annual job, which is also scheduled for the same day. Sometimes the users hold off on running the quarterly job(maybe a day or two, or three. How can I post conditions to keep the Annual job from executing till the quarterly job runs?

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 03 Feb 2009 1:36

Privilege scheduling group with specail TAG for your job.
regards
philmalmaison

steve_r

Post by steve_r » 11 Mar 2009 4:08

Am I missing something here? We have a similar situation where an monthly job runs after a daily job which may be held for a day-or-so.
The monthly job accepts a condition from the daily job and has a MaxWait of 7 so it waits on the Q for up to 7 days for the trigger condition to be created by the completion of the daily job.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 16 Mar 2009 3:30

using scheduling group alow you to define any calendar TAG as you need, and any of the jobs should use different TAG...
that the only reason of the suggestion

regards
Philmalmaison

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

quarterly job

Post by brownbag » 17 Mar 2009 6:36

Hubba, You are definitely missing something here. According to what you are saying, there is nothing that you need to do (except ensure that the max wait on each job is long enough to ensure that they remain in the AJF for long enough). They are both scheduled on the same day and the conditions therefore have the same order date (assuming they are defined with ODAT) so the yearly job will not run until the quarterly job is finished.

Is there something else to this?