Agent up error

All questions about Control-M jobs definitions
futre25
Nouveau
Nouveau

Agent up error

Post by futre25 » 25 Aug 2009 11:21

Hi,

My problem is that when the agent tries to up in a server unix, I read the following message of error and to be down.

Failed to connect to agent. Will not be discovered as remote host as no owners are defined

Help me please.
thanks very much.

punchy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by punchy » 26 Aug 2009 3:40

you might defined an agent that may not exist in your job definition. So what control-m does is it tries to discover this agent.

Look for this job and remove the entry under node id.

next step is to remove it from <control>/Data/Agstat

Else.

The other thing it could be is that. Your job needs to be ran as an authorized owner. In the owner field of the job. the Owner of the job must exist as a user on the remote host.

E.G. If you have a user called "ctmadmin" on your remote host and you have used that user to define the remote host in control-m than you should use that user "ctmadmin" as the owner of the job you intend to run on the remote host.

Else.

anyone else have any other suggestions: ...

Pun

anyone else have any other suggestions?

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 26 Aug 2009 9:45

as the connection to the agent doesn't work controlm server tries to submit the job by using it's own agent.
does the control-m server agent (ctm_agent) be up ?
as the controlm server working in security n and has no users defined for the destination host, it said that it couldn't use it's remote host functionality to submit job.

i think

regards
philmalmaison