1st day after the last working day of the month

sgrape
Nouveau
Nouveau

1st day after the last working day of the month

Post by sgrape » 08 May 2012 10:35

I'm looking for a way to schedule a job to run the 1st day after the last working day of the month.
It would be easy if it were to run on the f1st working day but in this case if the last working day of the month is on Friday they want it scheduled on Saturday which isn't a working day.

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

1ST DAY AFTER LAST WORKING DAY OF MONTH

Post by brownbag » 10 May 2012 1:02

What if the last working day is a Monday? Do you still want to run it on the Tuesday?

Assuming you really want first day after last working day of month, here is the solution. I'll assume you already have a working day calendar. Create another calendar including all days. Let's call it ALLDAYS. Schedule the job on the last working day of the month, using L1 in monthdays with your working day calendar.
Then use confcal to shift the job one day along the ALLDAYS calendar. Use ALLDAYS as the confcal calendar. Since every day is included in this calendar it doesn't really matter what you put in the Shift box, as it gets ignored if the day is in the confcal calendar. But it will then shift the job by the days marked in the 'by' field. So in the 'by' box, just include 1.

sgrape
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by sgrape » 12 Jun 2012 5:05

Thanks for the help with this, it worked like a charm!!

Naval
Nouveau
Nouveau

I want to run the job on WD 0 , WD1, and WD 2.

Post by Naval » 13 Sep 2012 5:23

Hi,

i want to run a job on WD 0 - last working day of the month.
WD1, WD2, - first and second working day of the month.

How can i achieve this.

We can use a calender, but how can we asure if for eg: 31 of a month is Wednesday the last working day but it came out to be a PUBLIC HOLIDAY. so it might have run on Tuesday..

similarly if the WD0 is on Monday and its a PHL then the job should run on Friday i.e. 28 of the month.

Please advise.
Thanks,
Naval

Naval
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: I want to run the job on WD 0 , WD1, and WD 2.

Post by Naval » 18 Sep 2012 10:12

Naval wrote:Hi,

i want to run a job on WD 0 - last working day of the month.
WD1, WD2, - first and second working day of the month.

How can i achieve this.

We can use a calender, but how can we asure if for eg: 31 of a month is Wednesday the last working day but it came out to be a PUBLIC HOLIDAY. so it might have run on Tuesday..

similarly if the WD0 is on Monday and its a PHL then the job should run on Friday i.e. 28 of the month.

Please advise.
Can any one help me on this?

Thanks!!
Thanks,
Naval

MeN5Girls
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by MeN5Girls » 19 Sep 2012 12:40

Under Month Days put in the name of the calendar the contains your workdays, in the line above the calendar name, put in D1, D2, L1.

D1 & D2 will load in on the first and second day of the calendar. L1 will load in the last day of the calendar.

Naval
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Naval » 19 Sep 2012 12:46

MeN5Girls wrote:Under Month Days put in the name of the calendar the contains your workdays, in the line above the calendar name, put in D1, D2, L1.

D1 & D2 will load in on the first and second day of the calendar. L1 will load in the last day of the calendar.

Thanks.

Just a query. i need to setup a calender for all the working days? excluding Weekend and Other OFF days.?
Thanks,
Naval