FTE calculation for Control-M

Iceman
Nouveau
Nouveau

FTE calculation for Control-M

Post by Iceman » 15 Nov 2011 4:45

Hello,

Could someone help me out with the FTE calculations?

We are in the process of getting a new project on Control-M for distributed systems/ mainframes and we need to give an estimate of the resources required initially.
I need to understand how this is calculated based on the number of batch jobs/ servers / agents especially for Control-M related projects. The project entails scheduling and does not include monitoring and administration.
Also incase monitoring is to be done, how will that be done?

Thanks in advance!

th_alejandro
Nouveau
Nouveau

Calculations

Post by th_alejandro » 18 Nov 2011 1:55

You can base your calculations only on number os 'script' to develop. This install process of agents is very simple.

It's recommendable to make a list of all functionalities to implement and verify the compelxity of each one as low, medium or high. Considerate a low complexity as 2 days, medium complexity as 5 days and high complexity as 10 days.

It's necessary have a 'good' script developer with experience, not in control-m, only in scripts and include 1 day in each process to prove in environment test.

th_alejandro
Nouveau
Nouveau

about requirements

Post by th_alejandro » 18 Nov 2011 2:06

In this points, Control-M is very light. So, with 500Mb for Database and some virtual machine with 2 processor it works well. Control-M work only in administrative task, just all jobs run in other server and consume the resource of destination server not in the installation server. In our compañy, i have CTM with less than 400Mb database, 1.2 virtual cpu processor and 1200 scripts, 16000 unique jobs, 60000 daily executions (cyclic) and agents in more than 20 machines. It works very well with few resources for ctm server.