control-m and EM for unix only

A Forum to add some ideas to improve Control-M Products. All new ideas will be sent monthly to the team of development of BMC Software.

who wants contol-m/EM for unix only? no more client part on windows?

Poll ended at 20 Sep 2007 11:27

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes: 3

willvan

control-m and EM for unix only

Post by willvan » 21 Aug 2007 11:27

why is there a possibility to install control-M/EM,control-M desktop completely on Windows but when i want to install it on a Unix platform i still have to install client parts on a "windows" machine. this doesn't make any sense.

i want it back the way it was with version 2.24 and earlier. it won't be so difficult to integrate control-M desktop for unix in the next version. Give us back the oppertunity to choose.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 21 Aug 2007 5:15

anyway for versions from 6.0.0 no desktop/gui/adminFacility without windows.
you can easily install all Control-m / EM components on UNIX, and just the client on windows (i'm full solaris except client)

BMC
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by BMC » 03 Dec 2007 12:47

MS Windows as a desktop platform is probably the most dominant monopoly within the IT industry. Historically we did have a Unix based front-end.
However, since it didn't align with any industry usability standards, we failed completing some key sales, where we were disqualified due to limited GUI. While there is still a lot of room for improvement (and there will always be) the current recent GUI is much more aligned with common industry practices.
Besides some extreme end users who dislike Microsoft platform, it looks as very well accepted all over.
If there are key business (and not just personal preference) needs we are missing that can only be achieved on Unix - please share with us. Currently, we have no plans of porting the product front-end to Unix