Everything about Control-M Control Modules
Dilbert
Nouveau
Nouveau

AFTP - Validation failed

Post by Dilbert » 24 Jun 2008 12:41

2 Windows machines.
Created AFTP account, but validation is failed with:

HOST2 validation failed: C:\OUT_FOLDER\: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I'm confused, the directory is there, but AFTP can't find it and validate.

How to solve it?

Thanks a lot,

P.S. CTM Agent and AFTP not installed on host 2, only on host 2. FTP service on host 2 is enabled.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 25 Jun 2008 11:23

On the first host you have the client installed (=CM for AFT), the second host is the FTP server.

To validate the account you must known how is configured the FTP server.

Do this:
1) create a job that use this account (nodeid the AFT host, AFT job type, load account name)

2) click on the select button and go to the destination machine.
You see the directory?

Often the destination directory is the home directory of the user when you logs on the ftp server, or there is some "virtual directory" configured on it.
So the destination path can be "\OUT_FOLDER\" or also only "\".

So: try to send a file and see if you see it in the correct path.

Dilbert
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Dilbert » 25 Jun 2008 8:13

Tnx, mauriziog.
I already tried with \OUT_FOLDER\ and with \, but in that case, validation passed, but I can't see the directory and job failed.
I need to transfer multiple files from host 2 to host 1.

I don't have the virtual machine at home, I will try again tomorrow morning.

And, can AFTP module works with "dynamically createdY folders? For example, I want 2 jobs, first one runs every day and create folder with current system date. The second job is FTP job that must place files in folder created by first job. So, I dont want to use folder name exactly in FTP job, I want to use folder name "YYYYMMDD" format, which is created by previously job.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 27 Jun 2008 11:24

And, can AFTP module works with "dynamically createdY folders? For example, I want 2 jobs, first one runs every day and create folder with current system date. The second job is FTP job that must place files in folder created by first job. So, I dont want to use folder name exactly in FTP job, I want to use folder name "YYYYMMDD" format, which is created by previously job.
Yes you can, without problems.
Only remember that you must have right on the path to create folders and after to write in the new folder.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 27 Jun 2008 11:28

I already tried with \OUT_FOLDER\ and with \, but in that case, validation passed, but I can't see the directory and job failed.
I need to transfer multiple files from host 2 to host 1.
Create the job and use the select button to search the correct path, putting only / (or \) at the begging and then browsing on the correct name.

If the select button dont work try to do a ftp manually and after connection type:
"pwd" to see were you are, or "cd path" to seee if you can change to the correct path.

HowardLyle
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by HowardLyle » 28 Jul 2011 8:47

I am having a similar problem.

I am running Ctrl-M 6.4 with AFT 6.4.

I have defined the AFT account in the Configuration Manager on the agent where I need to run an AFT job and when I select "Get the home directory" I just get a \.

I went into the IIS Manager on the agent server and viewed the properties for the home directory of the Default FTP site. The home directory is set to C:\BMC\Files.

In my AFT job I need to transfer the entire contents of C:\All Users\Documents directory (all sub-folders and files).

When I define the AFT job and put in C:\All Users\Documents for the source and run the job I get the following error message:

C:\All Users\Documents: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I already have a file watch account that is using the home directory defined in the default FTP site (the source directory in the job is just \) and that file transfer works just fine.

How do I either A) get the AFT job to recognize the C:\All Users\ Documents directory as being valid or B) know what to change the home directory in the default FTP site to in order to make both AFT jobs work?

To compound things, I have 7 different directories on this server where I need to AFT either a file or the entire contents of the source directory.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 29 Jul 2011 3:38

I believe this is what IIS imposes as a protection mechanism. When IIS serves a folder through FTP, it does not expose the physical path and does not allow navigate outside this folder.