AFT - Question about implementing the AFT Module

Everything about Control-M Control Modules
xasper
Nouveau
Nouveau

AFT - Question about implementing the AFT Module

Post by xasper » 22 May 2008 11:22

Hi,

We have to install control-m aft module to start to plan ftp jobs in a few servers.
It´s the first time i work with this module and have one question:
What do you think is better, install aft in one server and define all accounts and jobs on this server OR install aft in all servers who runs the ftp jobs?

Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Walty » 22 May 2008 5:36

Hello,
we use Control-M/AFT module and is installed on one server only.
All accounts are managed on this server.
Version products 6.1.03

It's not needed install AFT on all servers who runs the ftp jobs, but this depend on your implemented achitecture.

Regards
Walty

Bantu01
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Bantu01 » 23 May 2008 10:52

Hi xasper,

When we first implemented AFT we used to have accounts defined on many different servers. We found this difficult to manage and ended up moving to a single server for all of our accounts. This is easier to manage because you have a view of all accounts in one location. It is also easier for contingency because we have a control-m job that copies all the AFT account info to a backup server weekly.

Regards
Bantu01

xasper
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by xasper » 23 May 2008 12:15

Thanks.

I install the aft module only in the agent running on control-m server.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 18 Jun 2008 6:53

xasper wrote:I install the aft module only in the agent running on control-m server.
Only consider that in this manner you have one point of failure also for the FTP client, and also that the ftp flow influence the server network.

In the 6.3 version from the fix pack 4, is possible to define anda mange the accounts fron the Configuration Manager (the Administration Facility evolution). So from only one point you can manage many servers and accounts.

I distribute the accounts files from the ctm server machine to the FTP clients (=agents. Now is easy to manage the accounts but I have build a system.