Transfering with same name fron WINDOWS to MVS

Everything about Control-M Control Modules
hipikll

Post by hipikll » 14 Apr 2008 9:11

The problem can be, that the '.' (dot) has special meanings in MVS. It's then translated as Directory. I'm not MVS admin.
So your file will be stored in
I23DS34/PU86/ and the name of file will be Axxxxxx1.
(in language of distributed environments):

If this is not a problem, in AFT you still can use $$AFTFILE$$ as variable in which your detected file is stored. So you can set the AFT module to watch for the file and if it is present, then sent it to MVS. All in one form with one file transfer dialog.
There is no problem to do so.

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 17 Apr 2008 11:08

I'm just trying to follow your steps, but ... where have you defined filewatcher.
Do you use AFT tab with eye and transfer and you set a wildcard in name of file? "e:\Inetpub\ftproot\adminpna\prueba\I23DS34.P*"
And what did you set on Destination field?
And what did you set on Advanced -> File Watcher fields?

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 23 Apr 2008 10:41

I tried to use wildcard in filewatch but it was restricted, because you can not copy directory to file. So either the first argument must not to be wildcard or second is directory. Not file.
Then use for example MYFILE in advanced -> Filewatcher tab and in this variable will be you file detected.
But when you want only to detect file with wildcard, filewatcer does not wait for file present. So you will need to define it like cyclic job - i think.
I did not spend a lot of time to find it out, so play it with your self.
And as variable do not use %%$$AFTFILE$$, just $$AFTFILE$$ or your defined %%MYFILE.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 23 Apr 2008 4:48

The file system MVS is different from open,
so you must write the filename in a fixed manner:
you havent extensions and the file systems are defined.
Speek with a system admin of MVS system for understanding all the proprieties of the system that must say to store files.

The $$AFTFILE$$ variable in this case dont work, because the original name cant be the same in the target system. Otherwise must be used in the advanced tab and have sense if there is some wildcarld in the name of file. (the wildcards "*" cant be used in MVS).