SAP Log ID - Process Chain

Everything about Control-M Control Modules
TRAVO

Post by TRAVO » 18 Sep 2007 9:25

When running a process chain type SAP job upon failure the job is a cyclic job so it starts over however it errors out everytime the job run that same day. failed due to an SAP error over the weekend. This job has not been running correctly since this failure (this happens every time this job fails once and then will fail on every run thereafter until the next day’s schedule is started)
It seems that the Log Id for every run (3 so far today) has the same Log ID. BMC is emailing an error every hour, yet SAP is never actually called to execute the job. We need BMC to generate a new Log Id for each run (each hour).

This is for Control M 6.2.01. SAP process chain issue

Thanks

TRAVO

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 25 Sep 2007 1:14

If I understand the error you can stop the job ciclic when the job termines NOTOK:
In the steps panel:

statement *
code NOTOK
DO "Stop Ciclic"

So if the job fail it stops and its status remain RED (=NOTOK), if ends well it reruns.

TRAVO

Post by TRAVO » 26 Sep 2007 8:17

The problem is once the job restarts it contiues to fail every times there after. Even after the problem has been corrected. The error is with the chain log Id not changing. It remains the same. It seems that the Log Id for every run has the same Log ID.

BMC is emailing an error every hour, yet SAP is never actually called to execute the job. We need BMC to generate a new Log Id for each run (each hour).

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 27 Sep 2007 1:42

You can use the "do force" if the job termines NOTOK instead off the rerun:
- the job is ciclic if the run termines OK, it rerun normally
- if the job ternimes NOTOK: DO "Stop Ciclik" + DO force job; the same job but new one.

TRAVO

Post by TRAVO » 27 Sep 2007 1:50

Great thanks I understand that process, I'll try that.

Thanks again.

TRAVO