What is a non-condition

Everything about Control-M Control Modules
brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

What is a non-condition

Post by brownbag » 25 Mar 2009 4:14

In the Control-M/EM 6.4.01 FP1 release notes, it says, "When the job is waiting for a non-condition (the condition to be removed)
and a non-condition is selected from the Why dialog box, there is no option to remove the condition
."
Does anybody know what a non-condition is?
How can a job wait for the removal of a condition? I'm sure you can make it happen with some workarounds, but I'm more curious about what BMC mean by a job waiting for a non-condition.

:?

rahulsehgal
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rahulsehgal » 25 Mar 2009 5:35

Hi,

Not sure what your questin is may be this is the answer:-

There are some jobs which wait for the condition that are not present in condition table or the jobs passing condition are not loaded or has been removed before they can run in new day process from Control-M.

These condition can be addes manuaaly, you just need to Right Click on the job ---? Click on why ----> Select the condition job is waiting for --->
Click on Add Condition Button, this way you can add the condition and the job will start executing and will not wait for any condition,

Other way is to hold the job and delete the condition it is waiting for and then release the change.

Same can be done from Control-M Desktop for the permanent changes on job by loading the job, change the parameter and uploading it back.

regards,

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

but what is a non-condition

Post by brownbag » 25 Mar 2009 5:41

Thanks for the attempt at an answer, but I do know Control-M very well and am aware of how to deal with a situation where a job is waiting for a condition but it hasn't arrived. I am curious about the opposition situation.

This is a seemingly new concept of a non-condition which as far as I can see was introduced in the release notes of Fix Pack 1.

Normally a job can wait for a condition to be created, but they seem to be referring to a situation where a job is triggered by the deletion of a condition.

Maybe it is a typo by BMC, because I don't think that there is any standard functionality to handle this.[/i]

rahulsehgal
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rahulsehgal » 25 Mar 2009 5:52

Yes I think you are right, because I dont think that job will start on deletion of any condition and even there is no option to schedule the job in a way, so that it will wait for a condition to be deleted and start its execution.

May be they have introduced some new tab or some option to modify a job so that it will wait for any condition removal.

Sorry not aware of concepts of 6.4 as I work on 6.2

regards,