Problem running script to execute ssis package....

Some examples running with Control-M and Control-EM database.
Marjorie
Nouveau
Nouveau

Problem running script to execute ssis package....

Post by Marjorie » 13 Jun 2007 4:26

I'm trying to execute an MSSQL ssis package from a Control-M job.

I use the command line format to execute the dtexec utility....

dtexec /SQL [server] / [package]

The problem is that the connections in my package are defined using Windows Integrated security. When the package tries to connect, I get a login error with the user identified as "NT Authority/Anonymous Logon".

I has assumed that the domain account that I am using to run Control-M would be passed to the package but this does not seem to be the case.

Using SQL Server authentication on my package connections does work, but I prefer to use Integrated security.

Is it possible? And how can I do it?

Thanks.

Zakeer
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Zakeer » 14 Jun 2007 12:50

Hi,

There is an option in Control-M Agent menu logon as user, you need to select it and also domain name.

Once done recycle the Control-M Agent services.

hope this helps...

Marjorie
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Marjorie » 19 Jun 2007 11:12

Actually, it turned out to be the old NTLM double hop situation. Worked around it by reconfiguring my package connections (which reference a second server) with SQL Server authentication.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 20 Jun 2007 6:56

Use the "log as user" and in the job definition indicate a user that can connect to the target machine and still connect to the DB.
In the Ms sql server i have tried to use windows authentication but dont work. But in my case the DB was on a remote host, not on the machine were i have the agent installed.

To see the configuration for the "logon as user" settings see page 27-28 on the agent administration guide, and in windows remember to add "run batch jobs" to the user policy.