To send alert to more email IDs

Everything about Batch Impact Manager Server and Web access installation or setup.
rajesekhar
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rajesekhar » 30 Jun 2008 6:18

But in the BIM, in the "Do Action" for shout, theres only "Message" tab but no destination tab. Then how can we shout to a program?:O

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 01 Jul 2008 11:52

The do_shout of the BIM goes to the ECS (and the web part of the BIM...).
In this case you can send all the alerts to a script, this do the filter and exec the destination script only for the mesages that arrive from BIM.

rajesekhar
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rajesekhar » 01 Jul 2008 5:50

mauriziog wrote:
can you give us better explanation how to use this feature
This is one powerful possibility of controlm.

I answer fast, if is not clear ask me more.
0) Define a program that do the echo of the parameters received and redirect the output to a file.

1) ON the CTM server. Create/save the script/program you want to run
2) On the CTM-server define the destination of the shout:
ctmsys + shout destination tables + new + "NAME" (type program, path e name of point 1)) + run on the server.

3) Build a test job with in the steps do_shout to NAME and a message like:
"Example of message".

4) When you execute the program the file of point 0) is writed.
Read it.
The SECOND PARAMETER is your message.
So parsing the second parameter you can do all you want, and have variables passed from controlm to a program.
I tried this for jobs other than BIM, its working but it has lot of limitations like we can do echo of the parameters to the server location only not any other.
What I want to do is to run a batch file to send email to particular group basing on the job which has failed.
I have predefined groups of email IDS for ech and every job. so, I need to send email to those particular groups corresponding to the job which has failed. Whats the best way to do it?

I am sorry if I am mixing the other topics here.

Thanks,
Raj

rajesekhar
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rajesekhar » 01 Jul 2008 5:51

mauriziog wrote:The do_shout of the BIM goes to the ECS (and the web part of the BIM...).
In this case you can send all the alerts to a script, this do the filter and exec the destination script only for the mesages that arrive from BIM.
Is it possible to change the standard alers to a script instead of ECS?
If so, how to do that?

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 01 Jul 2008 6:34

I have predefined groups of email IDS for ech and every job. so, I need to send email to those particular groups corresponding to the job which has failed. Whats the best way to do it?
The method to send a shout to a script is not limited as you think because you have a centralized point to send e-mails.

Another way is to send a shout to ECS (the alert GUI), this message usualy is coded. (note that is also a centralized point: the EM server).
The alerts can be sent to a script, but be carefull ALL Alerts are sent.

In the scritp you must parse the snmp message but you have many informations: jobname, group, application, hour, time, severity, message, etc.
So you can reconize messages from one group of jobs and send an e-mail to a e-mail group.
I've build this for all the jobs that run on MVS controlm that has not the e-mail.

But is also a method to send an e-mail without writing informations on the jobs. In fact by default controlm send an alert if a Job end notok....
So I use it when there are many mail segnalations to do and to administrate, and at job level is hard.

But write well the program: be carefull.

rajesekhar
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rajesekhar » 01 Jul 2008 7:32

mauriziog wrote:
The method to send a shout to a script is not limited as you think because you have a centralized point to send e-mails.

Another way is to send a shout to ECS (the alert GUI), this message usualy is coded. (note that is also a centralized point: the EM server).
The alerts can be sent to a script, but be carefull ALL Alerts are sent.

In the scritp you must parse the snmp message but you have many informations: jobname, group, application, hour, time, severity, message, etc.
So you can reconize messages from one group of jobs and send an e-mail to a e-mail group.
I've build this for all the jobs that run on MVS controlm that has not the e-mail.

But is also a method to send an e-mail without writing informations on the jobs. In fact by default controlm send an alert if a Job end notok....
So I use it when there are many mail segnalations to do and to administrate, and at job level is hard.

But write well the program: be carefull.
I am sorry I didnt understand anything :(
can you please send me a sample prog of urs so that I can rewrite it by modifying.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 02 Jul 2008 3:22

I am sorry I didnt understand anything
:(

..... Anything?
Discuraging !

Is an advanced use of controlm, is long to explain it from the begin.
With time I write in a new specific topic what it is, with examples.
Or build a little document...
will see.

rajesekhar
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rajesekhar » 02 Jul 2008 5:05

I am sorry I didnt mean it but may be my language.
May be I am missing something because of that couldnt follow.

anyways, thanks.

rajesekhar
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rajesekhar » 02 Jul 2008 5:07

waiting for your post

avaidya10
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by avaidya10 » 08 Jul 2010 10:55

use set tab to define varible which can contain straings of user ids.
i used this method in the past but not for BIM try it it should still be good.