Control-M Scheduling for Initial and Incremental

francoisg
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M Scheduling for Initial and Incremental

Post by francoisg » 10 Apr 2015 3:08

Hi, I created batches for building a big data file from data base extracts, that will run either for initial or incremental loading. The final file will be sent to an external application.

For initial load (1st mode), only the initial batches run, while for incremental load (2nd mode), all the batches _initial and incremental_ should run. The final sending batch is the same in every case and should run when all the other batches are ended.

My question is: is there a simple way in Control-M to start that final sending batch only when all batches are finished, be it initial and incremental (2nd mode), or only initial (1st mode)?

Thanks in advance.

piyush
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Control-M Scheduling for Initial and Incremental

Post by piyush » 19 Apr 2015 7:25

Based on the information I would suggest you do it this way.

1. Create a Control-M Tables called "Initial" and "Incremental" and create individual jobs for each type of 'batch'. Lets say create 5 jobs for 5 batches in Initial Table called A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and create a File Transfer Job FTF_Initial which should take conditions from all jobs A1 to A5 (condition names should be unique with 'AND' logic between them, meaning until all conditions have been added FTF job should not start).

2. Similarly, another 5 jobs for 5 Incremental jobs, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 and another FTF job called FTF_Incremental all in "Incremental" table. Here also, the FTF_Incremental should take conditions from B1 to B5 in a similar fashion.

3. Now based on your needs schedule the Initial and Incremental Table. Whenever the batches/jobs will run it will ensure that until all required jobs have run the File won't be sent to third application.

Advice: It is also advisable to choose Application and Group name distinctively for easier identification in GUI.