Dulicate alerts at the New day process

pinnaka
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by pinnaka » 06 Jun 2009 5:26

Hi,

We are receiving alerts for all failed jobs that are left over in AJF file from the previous day also ( i.e. if the job got failed couple of days back as soon as the new day process completes we are receiving alerts or these jobs ). Can someone suggest me how to suppress these alerts?

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 08 Jun 2009 10:40

it should be the AlertOnAbend controlm/EM parameter

regards
philmalmaison

pinnaka
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by pinnaka » 08 Jun 2009 1:32

Thanks for the reply.....Phil.

But we are getting alerts normally at the time job failure and the problem is with the duplicate alerts

Suppose a job is getting failed 6/10 Odate and is left AJF without force completing . we are receiving alerts for the same job at the time of every refresh (i.e. we are getting the same alert at Odate 8/10 sinces it is left in AJF without force completing. Every time we need to check the log of the job to confirm that this is a normal failure or a duplicate alert.

Hope this explains my problem.......Quick response is appreciated

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by brownbag » 01 Jul 2009 8:35

Check the value of the EM parameter DownCreAlerts. If this is set to '1', it may be sending alerts at new day for jobs which failed during the day (depending on whether the original alert was already removed).

If this is the case, try changing it to '0' and see if it helps.

dbeardking
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by dbeardking » 02 Jul 2009 5:26

Hi all, the same is happening with me. A lot of duplicate alerts get thrown on the alerts screen after CTM refreshes (new day).

@ spkenney: MAXWAITS are set. Btw, could you throw some light on the Maxwait parameter. Would help me understand better.

@ brownbag: Not sure how to check for the EM Parameter DownCreAlerts (am pretty new to CTM). but, I do not possess the access to change the parameters.

Finally, is this a bug in V6.3 ?

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by brownbag » 06 Jul 2009 2:10

To change the DownCreAlerts parameter open the Configuration Manager, then select Tools --> System Parameters --> CONTROL-M/EM System Parameters. But if it is not your responsibility, you may be able to ask your administrator to check this.

What are the alerts that are created during new day? Is there a familiar pattern to them. Are they jobs that failed during the day?

I have never seen a bug like this, but you cannot ever discount this possibility.

dbeardking
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by dbeardking » 06 Jul 2009 11:49

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll check with the admin on the DownCreAlerts parameter.

There is no familiar pattern to the alerts that are duplicated at New Day. But, they are job failures indeed, but not necessarily during that day. They were failures a few days back (even a week old). And some were failures a few hours earlier (to the New Day) which had already been taken care of.

There's a mid-day refresh too. Same thing happens (Old alerts are duplicated after the refresh)

Not sure about the bug thing though. Havent seen anyone other than me and Pinnaka report the same problem here.

Regards,
Jasper