SHOUTS and SHOUT Destination Tables!!!!

jnyasani

SHOUTS and SHOUT Destination Tables!!!!

Post by jnyasani » 22 Feb 2007 6:40

Hi,
I am trying to setup my jobs to send out an alert to the alerts window and also an email to approximately 5 email distribution groups when my job's execution time exceeds >5hrs. I have no clue on how to do this, can someone help me?

Also, When setting up shout destinations 'physical address', is there a restriction as to how many email address you can specify?. How do you separate the email address (; or : or ,). Also, is there a way to send a shout if a job is still running at 8 a.m in the morning from the previous night?. Any help will be appreciated. I am running Control-M version 6.1.03 on a solaris and Windows OS. A sample .drf file would be awesome. Thanks.

John Nyasani

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 22 Feb 2007 7:53

Hi John,

There are two simple choices to send a mail with Control-M:
- First is to define on the Control-M server an alias including the mail address, and to use that alias with the DO SHOUT function.

- Second is to use directly DO MAIL function.

In any case the most important is to create a distribution list including all mail others distribution list or several different email address.

Using that address you will simplify administration of your distribution.
If you want to add some new users or delete one of them you just need to modify contain of your distribution list.

For example, when you start a new chain development, you can specify only your smtp address at beginning in an ALIAS. When your development will be finished, it will be easy to declare all users address.

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 19 May 2008 6:03

Hi

You must define on the Control-M Server, using ctm_menu. (Administrator rule)

Choose following option

"Parameter Customization"
"System Parameters and Shout Destination Tables"
"Shout Destination Tables"
"Create / Modify Tables"
use SYSTEM for example and create an ALIAS

Here is an example
1 M S ALIASMAIL user@ctmusage.com

In your DO SHOUT command replace ECS by ALIASMAIL and your message will be sent to user@ctmusage.com

if you want to include DO SHOUT function in a script, you can use ctmshout utility, existing with all Control-M Agent.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 27 May 2008 9:13

i think it's more interesting to create a file .mailrc in $HOME of your datacenter, before creating a virtual ALIAS in control-m server, but instead of adding physical mail(s), add the virtual as physical, then you can add much more mail adresses to your virtual alias by using the .mailrc file.

regards
Philmalmaison