How to simulate Global condition feature between 2 CTM/Srv

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
mamy_r
Nouveau
Nouveau

How to simulate Global condition feature between 2 CTM/Srv

Post by mamy_r » 10 Oct 2006 7:05

I have 2 parallel environment (Em-CTM-Agent).
I have some cases I need to use dependencies between jobs which belongs to a different Control-M/Server, which are not linked to the same EM.
Question: do you have an idea how to simulate the Global Condition feature, in order to replicate a condition posted by a first Control-M/Server, to another Control-M/Server ?

May thanks in advance for your solution or idea.

Mamy_r

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 10 Oct 2006 8:11

Hi,

It's not so simple. There is a solution, may be.

Create a job waiting for the condition from the first Control-M Server.
That job could execute ctmcondb command on the second Control-M Server to add the same condition.

To do that, of course you need to install a Control-M Agent on the box where the second Control-M Server is installed, linked with the first Control-M Server.

mamy_r
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mamy_r » 11 Oct 2006 2:30

Merci Franck for your idea.
It's true it's not that easy.
Your idea is one of the ideas I am currently thinking about, see below the current list of ideas:
1- Create an additional job in the table, which adds a condition with ctmcontb, in the second CTM/Server.
Advantage: simple
Disadvantage: 1) require to install an agent on each source Control-M/Server. 2) need to update each Table which require that feature

2- Develop a script which does a Sql query in the EM Global Condition table. This script is ran on the source EM unix account in order to share it's current Database client with it's profile
Advantage: No need to update Tables, we trap the GC at EM level
Disadvantage: 1) require to install an agent on source Control-M/EM Server.

3- Develop a script which does a Sql query in the EM Global Condition table. This script is ran on Target unix server
Advantage: No need to update Tables, we trap the GC at EM level
Disadvantage: 1) require to install a database client on this Target Unix account.

4- Develop a script which analyzes the GCS_LOG file updated at the Source EM account when an event occurs (new incoming GC)
Advantage: No need to update Tables, we trap the GC at EM level. No need to install any software
Disadvantage: I don't know yet.

I am likely going for the 4th idea, still investigating for any potential issues or other ideas.

Mamy_r

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 11 Oct 2006 4:58

Hi Mamy,

This is another idea.
If you give some rights between your Control-M Servers to be able to run rexec or rsh, or something like that. It will be simple to create a script to execute ctmcontb on the both server in the same time with the same parameters.

No need to add antother Control-M agent
No nee SQL client and database script, being able to be dangerous for the integrity of your database.