Auto Edit Variable for Abend Count

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
ScottyH
Nouveau
Nouveau

Auto Edit Variable for Abend Count

Post by ScottyH » 24 Jul 2015 2:12

Hello all. I have been searching and have not been able to come up with much so I hope someone here will be able to help out.

We have some jobs in Control-M in which the customer has stated that it can be rerun once. If it fails again, we are to force it complete and send an email advising that such action was taken. I know that within the job, on the Steps tab, you can set the job to send out and email, force itself complete, and that you can use various variables there such as %%JOBNAME, %%COMPSTAT, etc. My question is this, is there a way, from that tab, to use some kind of variable to count how many times the job has abended? I want to be able to count the number of abends, if it fails that second time, then automatically send out the email and force itself complete. Of course, if it fails the first time, just set it to rerun automatically.

I know how to do everything except count the number of times a job has abened and act on it. If anyone could help me out with that I would greatly appreciate it.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Auto Edit Variable for Abend Count

Post by mauriziog » 07 Dec 2016 8:39

From version 8 in do-action ther is a specific do for this:
-------------
ON. "Job's number of failures"=2
DO notification MAIL
-------------

In previous versions I do this with some tricks setting variables and checking them, but now is not necessary.
:-)

Regards