ctmcreate - how to pass n conditions to a downstream job

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
wrenchos
Nouveau
Nouveau

ctmcreate - how to pass n conditions to a downstream job

Post by wrenchos » 29 Feb 2012 7:18

Hi, I have a problem where I am creating 165 new jobs using ctmcreate and need to get the conditions to a downstream job. There is a limit of 99 on IN conditions, and I wondered if there was a way to get the conditions from my jobs (called adhoc0001 to adhoc0165) to the next job. Note also that the job number varies so I can't just set these in the downstream job. I thought about adding the jobs to a group and then having the group set the condition once all the child jobs had completed, but I can't seem to get this to work, as the group that is created is not a scheduling group.

Any thoughts? They'd be much appreciated.

vassi168

Post by vassi168 » 01 Mar 2012 11:46

if you don't wand to make a sheduling group, for my taht's the easy way, why don't you do 2 or 3 dummy jobs who split the 165 condition and then allow this 2 or 3 jobs to give free the next job

vassilis

wrenchos
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by wrenchos » 01 Mar 2012 12:21

Hi, I have now resolved this but thankyou for the reply. This was one of my ideas also.

The solution is: Create a scheduling group that contains no jobs. Pass a condition from your upstream job to the empty group. The upstream job then spawns each new adhoc job in the empty group and once all the adhoc jobs are complete the group sends the condition to the downstream job. Hope that is clear.

Thanks again