DISCOVERING controlm agents

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
nakul
Nouveau
Nouveau

DISCOVERING controlm agents

Post by nakul » 16 Jun 2011 9:58

We have a control M server which is connected to almost 6 agents in which 3 of them are linux and rest 3 are windows server ... linux agents are running fine and jobs are exeuting fine, but 2 of windows agents are always in discovering mode, after deleting the agent entries again i found the same agent was in discoverinig mode due to this we are facing slow response, any suggestions on this as we cannot disable or remove the jobs which are executing on these agent machines but we dont want these agents in discovering status.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 16 Jun 2011 4:17

Hi,
find why your agent is in discover status
this is probably just some port number collision.

look that Server To Agent port and Agent to Server port are correctly set on both controlm server and controlm agent part

Note : i don't think it could make your datacenter to be slower that before that discover.

Regards,
Philmalmaison

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

AGENT IN DISCOVERING MODE

Post by brownbag » 17 Jun 2011 6:25

It is probably the case that the agent is not configured correctly. Here are some likely scenarios:
1. The agent is behind a firewall.
2. The Control-M/Server is not on the list of authorised servers in the agent configuration.
3. The agent is not running.
4. The server-to-agent and agent-to-server ports do not match (between Control-M/Server and Control-M/Agent).

There are clearly processes attempting to run on these agent, and Control-M is trying to automatically discover them (this is a feature of the product that you cannot turn off). I would think that the jobs would not be able to run on these agents if the agent cannot be discovered? Are they in blue status (waiting resource) or are they running?

Cheers.

nakul
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nakul » 17 Jun 2011 7:52

thanks for the valuable suggestions, the jobs are always in waiting for the node id's (blue status).

brownbag
Nouveau
Nouveau

AGENT IN DISCOVERING MODE

Post by brownbag » 17 Jun 2011 7:55

Hi,
If the jobs are blue, then they are not running. Why do you not want to hold or stop them from running? They can't run anyway!

nakul
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nakul » 17 Jun 2011 8:00

i cant remove the jobs as its a kind of requirement and is this the case if i remove those jobs permanently then agent will not try to discover again and again .. as its all depends on the process tr.

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 17 Jun 2011 6:13

An agent must be explicitly added into Control-M. If an agent cannot be added because it is already in discovering state, delete it first and then add.