How to run a job at an exact time

Tools and several solutions to manage Control-M products
gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 18 Jul 2007 4:28

Unfortunately there is no convenient way to schedule a job to run multiple times at specific times of the day. The job must be duplicated multiply times, each with its specific time of the day entered in the TIME FROM field, and order them for the day. This is no different from CRON that you need to submit the same job multiple times for those specific times.

If you can reschedule the execution times so that they have a constant interval between consecutive runs, then the control-M job becomes a simple cyclic job.

Hope this help!

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 19 Jul 2007 8:49

I complete "gglau":
consider that always when you have only two execution is possible to do as ciclic job.
If the interval between the third and forth execution is irregular than for 4 execution you must do two ciclic jobs.
I hope this can help you, if you want an example ask me more.

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 19 Jul 2007 11:37

Most certainly, mauriziog. The number of cyclic jobs which is half the number of required runs, e.g. 2 jobs for 4 runs, can be implemented so that each cyclic job makes 2 runs. This does not contradict my comment that there is no simple, single-job solution to this issue.

Fraser

Post by Fraser » 20 Jul 2007 10:07

Hi,

This is an issue I raised a Help Desk Call for.

If you all think it would be a useful feature, then if you all raise a help desak call asking for this feature we should be able to get it.

Regards

Fraser