Control-M Oracle install with Oracle RAC?? Anyone???

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
kckirwan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M Oracle install with Oracle RAC?? Anyone???

Post by kckirwan » 22 Sep 2008 10:46

All,
I / we have gone through quite a bit of pain attempting to install EM / Control-M Server without using the "default" install location for Oracle. We have an Oracle RAC clustered environment and wanted to take advantage of the failover capabilities . Unfortunately, after many trials and tribulation we have installed with the default installation path. This was after BMC basically told us that this would be the only supported configuration.

Narative out of the way, have any of you installed Control-M EM / Server using an existing Oracle Rac? Or alternatively, have you installed with the "default" location and then moved to another location?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Kevin Kirwan
Emory University

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 23 Sep 2008 3:53

I have not had any experience on Oracle RAC, but wondering what do you mean by
without using the "default" install location for Oracle
If you are using RAC, it should be an "Existing Oracle" to Control-M. All you need is Oracle client that comes with Control-M for each of Server and EM.

The Oracle server that comes with Control-M is a canned installation that goes to a subdirectory under Control-M user account. I don't think you'll get any success in tempering with this "default" location. In addition, is the Oracle server that comes with Control-M compatiable with Oracle RAC?

kckirwan
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by kckirwan » 23 Sep 2008 6:41

From what our DBAs tell me, the real issue here is the fact that we are using ASM, not the mere fact that we are using Oracle RAC.
Additionally, you may be on to something. I think that the version of Oracle 10g would not work with the 10.1.2 version that BMC provides.
Thanks